Librarian (Teen) - Youth Services
The McHenry Public Library District is looking for a creative, energetic librarian who enjoys working with older (high school) teens. This position will also assist the YS Manager in a lead position within the department and works with the library’s Social Media Team. The position performs a variety of tasks that include: assisting patrons at the service desk, teen programming, technology instruction, collection management and community outreach. This position requires some evening hours and weekend hours.
- ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS
- Previous library reference/reader’s advisory experience required.
- Must have basic computer and internet search skills.
- Knowledge of children’s and young adult material.
- Bilingual skills desirable.
Salary and benefits:
- The salary range for this position is approx. $21.00-23.00 per hour.
- Paid time off and retirement savings is included in the benefits provided.
To review the full job description, click here.